All members of The Guild have successfully completed their psychoanalytic training at the Guild or an equivalent training elsewhere. Most members are registered with, or hold membership of, one or more of the following national professional umbrella organisations:
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- The College of Psychoanalysts-UK (CP-UK)
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- British Association of Psychoanalytic and Psychodynamic Supervision (BAPPS)
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)
Our members engage at different levels in clinical, academic and other activities within the private, public and voluntary sections. Many members have authored articles and books on diverse topics.
For information about each of our members’ registration, please use our Directory Search Facility or contact our office. For information about publications by members, please click the associated link on the left menu.
Applying For Guild Membership
The decision to offer membership of the Guild rests with Council. Trainees who have successfully completed the training may be recommended for membership to Council by the Training Committee. Applicants who have trained elsewhere can also apply for membership of the Guild and may be recommended for membership to Council provided that they have demonstrated:
- An equivalent training.
- A commitment to the ethos of the Guild.
- A willingness to contribute to the life of the organisation.
For further information about how to apply for membership, please click here.