All members of The Guild have successfully completed their psychoanalytic training at the Guild or an equivalent training elsewhere. Most members are registered with, or hold membership of, one or more of the following national professional umbrella organisations:
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- The College of Psychoanalysts-UK (CP-UK)
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- British Association of Psychoanalytic and Psychodynamic Supervision (BAPPS)
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)
Our members engage at different levels in clinical, academic and other activities within the private, public and voluntary sections. Many members have authored articles and books on diverse topics.
For information about each of our members’ registration, please use our Directory Search Facility or contact our office. For information about publications by members, please click the associated link on the left menu.
Application for membership of The Guild of Psychotherapists for those not trained at the Guild
We welcome applications for membership of The Guild of Psychotherapists from UKCP registered psychotherapists who are non-Guild trained. For further details of eligibility and the application process, including our Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) application route to membership, please see the document at the bottom of the page.